Saturday, March 24, 2007

Keeping open lines of communication


It is so important to have open communication with your child's teacher. You should always let the teacher know if anything different is going on in your child's personal life. Your child spends a majority of their time with the teacher. Children usually act out when they are dealing with emotional situations. Their behavior may change with no explanation. The teacher needs to be informed so they can deal with the situation appropriately. Your child may be in need of special attention during this time period. Children usually do not deal well with change. As a director I am so happy when parents let me know of any changes that might be happening at home. I do not need to know all of my families personal business but it is good to know anything that will be affecting their child. I make it a priority to pay closer to that child during this time period and give extra attention to them whenever it is needed.

No comments: