Wednesday, March 14, 2007

CPR & FIRST AID TRAINING


I just hosted a CPR and first aid training at my center last night. This is a very important training and a topic that all day care professionals should be trained in. This is a question you need to ask the director when you are visiting the center. Many centers will have a list posted in the classrooms of all the staff who are certified in this area. It is mandatory by state regulations that at least one staff member who is trained in CPR and first aid be present at the center at all times. The regulations are currently being updated and the requirement may be changed. All my staff members attended the training. It is not required that child care workers be trained in this area but it is something that they should want to be trained in. It is so important to know what to do in an emergency situation. There are so many things that can happen when caring for a child. In my 9 years working in the day care industry I have not had to perform CPR but I am prepared if I ever do need to perform it. If you are currently looking at child care facilities please make sure you ask who is trained in CPR and first aid.

No comments: